Field Service Technician
White Plains, New York
RCS, the World’s Largest Broadcast Software Company, has a rare full time opening for a Field Service Technician. This position can be in most US cities.
The RCS Field Technical Services team assists world class broadcast facilities across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. The Field Service Technician’s primary role is to work with customers during the commissioning process and subsequent training of RCS products while onsite and/or remotely. Our priority is to successfully transition customers to our products and ensure they have nothing less than a stellar experience with our team and our software.
The Field Technical Services team is a division of the RCS Customer Experience department which is a 24/7/365-day operation. This position is salaried without the eligibility for overtime and a typical work week is 40 hours with the possibility of some unusual hours. The job requires travel up to 75%; domestic and international.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Frequent travel to customer sites to install hardware and configure software.
• Leads system installations, upgrades, configurations, and maintenance.
• Ensure broadcasting/telecommunications equipment is robust, and reliable.
• Monitors the identification, prioritization, and prompt resolution of system-related issues.
• Conduct training for both individuals and large groups.
• Documentation of every customer interaction including daily installation reports.
• During non-travel weeks this position is responsible for technical support via phone and email.
A qualified applicant should have the following training, education, certifications, and/or equivalent on the job experience:
• Windows Operating Systems and SQL Server
• Basic LAN administration, setup and configuration.
• Prior telephone troubleshooting or call-center experience.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Propensity to learn with a positive attitude and work ethic.
• Radio and/or TV broadcast experience.
• Radio Automation setup and configuration experience including hardware and wiring.
• Working knowledge of broadcast hardware including analog, digital and AOIP devices.
• Experience with RCS Products; Zetta, NexGen, RCS News and/or GSelector is an advantage.
• Prior experience traveling in a technical capacity.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds for purpose of moving and installing hardware.
• Fluent in Spanish is a PLUS!
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Jobs@rcsworks.com
Chief Software Architect
The RCS Group's Chief Software Architect will supply practical architecture leadership, direction and mentoring to our different engineering teams while closely advising and collaborating with our VPs of Software or Product Development to guarantee the delivery of high-performance, robust, and scalable solutions migrating from on premises software environment to new Cloud based platforms. The candidate is a thought-leader, with real-world business acumen and the ability to collaborate across functions. The ideal person has a strong understanding of Cloud technology, multimedia, data and analytics, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and experience guiding software and quality engineers in the implementation of production solutions.
• Give technical directions to the development team(s)
• Moving legacy applications from an onsite server to the Cloud
• Capable of building small prototypes of product components to ensure the validity of their technical design and performance
• Ability to build and oversee the maintenance of microservices for high availability functions in cloud based environments
• Work with management to grasp business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
• Be able to describe and justify the tactics employed in the software architecture of our product and services to inspire technical teams to build solutions adapted to the business of our customers.
• Be quick to recognize needs to adjust our architecture based on technology evolution, product team requests or new markets conditions.
• Able to collaborate with everyone else outside the engineering team to gather all requirements leading to the best architectural choices and naturally defend or compromise for a solution satisfying all parties.
• Translate the software architecture into design with the development teams
• Be actively involved in our agile development process
• Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales, and customer experience services teams
• Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products
• Minimum 3 years in an architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably Cloud based SaaS delivery model
• Comfortable communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers
• Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes as well as DevOps implementation
• Track record that includes the design and release of high-quality, high-performance enterprise software products / applications / real time API driven communications
• Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment; Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• AWS / Google Cloud / Azure usage experience
• Thorough understanding of relational database design, OLAP and good understanding of NoSQL models
• Hands-on experience with big data storage and machine learning.
• Experience in developing software systems using data mining, machine learning, or statistical/econometric techniques, methods and algorithms
• Experience with Jira, Salesforce, or Freshdesk
• Web Crawling
• Coordination of geographically-distributed teams
• Agile development methodology
• Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL, NoSQL and statistical tools
• Advanced degree (Computer Science or related field)
• Experience working for a media or ad tech company